14 September, 2020
How to Prepare Yummy 1 2 3 Pot Roast
1 2 3 Pot Roast. If your chuck roast is thicker than that, you may have to adjust your cooking time, as thicker pieces take longer to cook. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. If the meat doesn't easily pull apart when you test it with a fork, leave it in a bit longer.
If using an Instant Pot use the saute button. Wait till it says "Hot" before adding the oil and once it smokes sear the roast on all sides. Add chili sauce, wine and water. You can have 1 2 3 Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 1 2 3 Pot Roast
- Prepare 3-5 lb. of pot roast.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 1.5 lb. of baby carrots.
- You need 2.5 lb. of Red potatoes, diced.
- You need 1/2 lb of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 package of onion soup mix.
- It’s 2 cans of cream of mushroom.
- It’s 1/2 can of water.
- Prepare to taste of seasoned salt.
An hour before serving, put meat in refrigerator leaving gravy in pot on stove. Remove meat from refrigerator and slice. Thinly slice roast and arrange on top of vegetables on a platter. Skim fat from extra juices in slow cooker and.
1 2 3 Pot Roast instructions
- In a large dutch oven, pour in onion soup, water, and cream of mushroom and mix well. Place pot roast into dutch oven and then flip it so some of the gravy will be on top on the meat. Place in the oven 350 degree and cook for 1 hour..
- Add in carrots after the first hour. Cook for another hour. Add in red potatoes and mushrooms. Cook for another hour and then it's done! Enjoy the 1-2-3 Pot Roast..
Remove roast from pan and set aside briefly on a plate or cutting board. Deglaze pan with red wine and beef broth. Add roast back to the pot. The amount of fat in them makes them cook up super flavorful and tender. Typically I slow cook a chuck roast but I love that an Instant Pot gives the same result in much less time.