21 September, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Mississippi Style Pot Roast
Mississippi Style Pot Roast. Mississippi pot roast is easy to make in the slow cooker with chuck roast, ranch dressing, au jus gravy mix, and pepperoncini peppers.. A simple recipe made in the slow cooker! Put the roast in a slow cooker.
A Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is a perfect comfort food meal. Rich beef flavor with a hint of spice that makes it ideal for family dinners is going to wow your tastebuds. This classic Sunday dinner recipe is now a family favorite. You can have Mississippi Style Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mississippi Style Pot Roast
- You need 2-3 lb of beef roast (I prefer sirloin tip).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of pepper.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 package of dry au jus gravy mix.
- Prepare 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix.
- You need 5-6 of peperoncini peppers.
- You need 1/8 cup of peperoncini brine.
- You need of All purpose flour (for the gravy).
Tender, delicious Mississippi Roast recipe made with a perfect cut of chuck roast (pot roast). About Aimee Aimee is a dessert lover (specifically rice krispie treats ), workout enthusiast, self-taught foodie, and recipe creator. Pot roast brings back memories of special family dinners complete with mashed potatoes, green bean casseroles, and some sort of jello mixed with fruit dish. Don't mind us as we indulge our nostalgia today with Mississippi Pot Roast.
Mississippi Style Pot Roast instructions
- Preheat the olive oil in a skillet, season the meat with pepper and then sear it on all sides..
- Add the seared roast to your slow cooker, fat side up..
- Sprinkle the au jus and ranch mixes and then place the stick of butter on top of the roast..
- Place the peperoncinis around the roast, in regular intervals..
- Pour the brine around the edges or even on top, if you like..
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours..
- Once it's done, remove it to a plate so it can rest..
- Pour the liquid into a sauce pan, add flour a teaspoon at a time, stir briskly with a whisk and simmer on low until it thickens into a rich gravy..
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and a vegetable of your choice. Enjoy!!.
Trust us, you're going to love it. There are a ton of variations to this recipe. Mississippi Pot Roast – The most delicious pot roast you will EVER eat! Made with just five simple ingredients and slow cooked in the crockpot, you are going to fall in love with this! I am very excited about today's recipe.