19 July, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Pastichio Au Gratin
Pastichio Au Gratin. Great recipe for Pastichio Au Gratin. A different version of the Classic Pastichio recipe, no ground beef is added. I use bits of Ham, and sometimes I might add in bits of Bacon, like I did this time and of course vegetables, carrots, and peas.
While stirring add in the Milk Salt, Pepper, Egg, Nutmeg and stir. In the meantime start the Bechamel sauce by first adding in the Butter and then the Flour. While stirring add in the Milk Salt, Pepper, Egg, Nutmeg and stir. You can cook Pastichio Au Gratin using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pastichio Au Gratin
- It’s 1 package of Turbular Pasta medium size.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 2 cups of Ham chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Bacon (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Baby Carrots.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Peas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of boiled Pasta water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Bechamel Sauce:.
- Prepare 4 cups of Milk.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Cooking Butter.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s of Nutmeg (optional).
For the sauce, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. This is kind of like the pastichio, which is kind of like lasagna, though I think spaghetti au gratin and pastichio are better than lasagna. It's easy to prepare and make. Add ground beef, salt and pepper, cook until browned.
Pastichio Au Gratin instructions
- Boil Pasta for about 20 minutes…drain, but keep about 1/2 cup of the water to add into the Pasta mix, then set aside to cool for about 15 minutes. In the meantime start the Bechamel sauce by first adding in the Butter and then the Flour. While stirring add in the Milk Salt, Pepper, Egg, Nutmeg and stir continuously..
- By now the Pasta has cooled off, add in the ingredients along with a 1/2 cup of Pasta water that was set aside, and 1/2 of the Bechamel sauce and mix. Top Pasta with some Cinnamon, butter, and the rest of the Bechamel Sauce, Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool before cutting..
Add wine, tomato paste, and water to beef. Pastitsio – Greek Lasagna is one of my childhood favorites made with comforting layers of long tubular pasta, a delicious homemade Mediterranean meat sauce spiced with ground cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, and topped with creamy béchamel and Kefalotyri cheese. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt, oregano, pepper and garlic. Watch the video in sign language here.