11 August, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Pasta Carbonara
Pasta Carbonara. For a quick dinner, whip up Tyler Florence's authentic Spaghetti alla Carbonara recipe, a rich tangle of pasta, pancetta and egg, from Food Network. Pasta, eggs, cheese, and bacon come together in the ultimate Italian favorite: spaghetti carbonara. When the pasta is done, reserve a cup or two of the pasta water.
The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta. Splash in a little hot pasta water if needed for consistency. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. You can cook Pasta Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta Carbonara
- It’s 1 pound of peppered bacon (from the butcher), cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Romano cheese.
- You need 1 pound of pasta of your choice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper, or to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of reserved pasta water, more as needed.
Drain pasta, reserving pasta water; keep pasta warm. In same pot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta. Toss rapidly to coat the pasta without cooking the egg.
Pasta Carbonara step by step
- Cook bacon until it has reached desired crispiness..
- Whisk eggs, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Romano cheese, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Set aside..
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but slightly firm to the bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water..
- Combine 1 cup of reserved pasta water and drained pasta with the bacon; stir to combine..
- Slowly pour egg mixture into the pasta mixture; cook, stirring constantly until the egg mixture forms a thick sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Serve with parsley and enjoy!.
Remove the pan from the heat and add a big handful of cheese, lots of pepper and a little salt. Garnish with parsley and extra grated Romano. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and Parmesan until combined. Luscious and wonderfully indulgent, pasta carbonara takes as long to make as it does to cook the pasta.