21 September, 2020
Recipe: Yummy Zucchini & Tomato Gratin
Zucchini & Tomato Gratin. Briam is a traditional Greek roasted vegetable dish with potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, and red onions with lots of olive oil. It is a typical example of Greek cuisine where a few simple ingredients are turned into an utterly delicious dish with little effort. Find zucchini recipes, videos, and ideas from Food Network.
The Accademia della Crusca prefers the masculine form, and the Treccani prefers the feminine, considering the masculine to be Tuscan dialect. The plurals are zucchini and zucchine.. That's because the warm weather season is zucchini's time to shine. You can have Zucchini & Tomato Gratin using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini & Tomato Gratin
- Prepare 6-8 of Roma tomatoes.
- It’s 6 of medium Zucchinis.
- You need 3-4 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need to taste of Salt & black pepper.
- You need 3/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of butter.
And as avid gardeners will tell you, it often produces a bumper crop. Luckily, there's more to zucchini than bread or grilled halves. Zucchini is easily overlooked, but with the addition of melty cheese and a crunchy cornflake topping, you can transform this summer vegetable into a perfect casserole for a barbeque or potluck. Our zucchini recipes will help you make most of this wonderful and versatile summer squash.
Zucchini & Tomato Gratin step by step
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray or butter the dish..
- Slice each tomato removing both ends to be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Then do the same with the zucchini. Alternate zucchini and tomatoes around the dish and into the middle..
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and zucchini. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt & pepper over the tomatoes & zucchini..
- Melt butter and combine with bread crumbs and Parmesan. Sprinkle evenly over tomatoes and zucchini..
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until topping golden brown..
From healthy zucchini breads and cakes to casseroles and pastas, you are certain to find many uses for this all-time summer favorite. Tasty zucchini are abundant in gardens and farmers markets during the summer months. Here are all the best zucchini recipes to make good use of your harvest, including zucchini bread, cake, soup, stuffed zucchini and more. Thanks, Meghan Markle for the hack! In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.