6 October, 2020
Recipe: Yummy Pot Roast
Pot Roast. Easy & Delicious Dishes With Best Rating. Learn The Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Professional Chefs. Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Simmering it slowly and gently in the oven results in a wonderfully tender pot roast. Vegetables like onions and potatoes give the pot roast recipe from Martha Ste A "pot roast" is a braised beef dish that's made by searing a big, tough cut of beef (usually an inexpensive roast) and then slowly cooking the beef in a covered dish called a Dutch oven. In America, this dish is often called a "Yankee Pot Roast," and is served with carrots and potatoes or other vegetables. You can cook Pot Roast using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- It’s 3-4 pound of beef roast.
- You need 2 lbs of baby carrots.
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of worchestire sauce.
- It’s of RUB – I tbsp each salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 packet of beef stew seasoning (any brand).
- It’s 1 cup of water.
Pot roast is the perfect Sunday supper. Check out this collection of best-in-show pot roast recipes, and gather 'round the table. Pot roast is one of my absolute favorite meals, and once you figure out the secret to making a good roast, there's no going back! I want you to embrace the pot roast, my friends!
Pot Roast instructions
- Mix ingredients for rub. Use 3/4 of it to coat all sides of roast..
- Heat skillet on high. Add worcestershire sauce. Sear each side of the roast in a very hot pan..
- Place roast in center of roasting pan. Cut potatoes into 4s. Place potatoes and carrots around roast. Sprinkle the reminder of the rub over meat, potatoes and carrots..
- Mix beef stew packet with 1/2 cup water. It will be thick! Drizzle it all over the meat, potatoes and carrots..
- Cover and bake at 250 for 2 1/2 hours. After the first hour add a 1/2 cup of water. Baste every half hour..
- After finished cooking let sit for 15 minutes. Slice meat..
- Serve with the potatoes and carrots. Broth will be thick and rich! Enjoy!.
- I've made this for large gatherings. Always a crowd pleaser!.
- Another look at a larger roast. Just add extra potatoes and carrots!.
Pot roast, when made according to a few fundamental rules, can be a totally delicious addition to your repertoire. Any type of beef roast that contains a lot of connective tissue is a good candidate for pot roast. At low-and-slow cooking temperatures, connective tissue releases gelatin, infusing both the meat and the cooking liquid with rich, juicy flavor. Pot roast is also steeped in nostalgia, and many people's favorite recipe is the one they grew up eating every Sunday night. But if you're looking for a new recipe, one to create your own traditions with, I cooked my way through four of the most popular ones to find the very best.