11 July, 2020
Recipe: Tasty Easy Pasta Carbonara
Easy Pasta Carbonara. Great Healthy homemade Recipes With Homemade Ingredients. Learn The Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Professional Chefs. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente.
Pasta Carbonara is a favorite Italian dish made with wholesome ingredients. The creamy sauce is made with eggs and Parmesan cheese, using a special technique to ensure a smooth and luscious texture. Spaghetti noodles are topped with chopped bacon and sweet peas for the ultimate comfort food. You can cook Easy Pasta Carbonara using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Pasta Carbonara
- You need 1/2 of of a 12 Oz pkg of uncooked turkey bacon.
- It’s 1 of small to medium onion.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- It’s 1 pkg (14.5 Oz) of bow tie pasta.
- You need 1 carton (32 Oz) of unsalted chicken stock.
- You need 1 can (12 Oz) of fat free evaporated milk.
- You need 1 Oz of fresh parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 4 Oz of reduced fat cream cheese softened.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas thawed.
Luscious and wonderfully indulgent, pasta carbonara takes as long to make as it does to cook the pasta. The ingredients are simple—just spaghetti (or other long pasta), and the carbonara is made with pancetta or bacon, eggs, Parmesan, a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Put large pot on to boil for pasta and cook pasta as directed. Break eggs into large bowl and beat until smooth.
Easy Pasta Carbonara instructions
- Stack bacon and cut in half lengthwise. Then cut cross wise into 1 inch pieces..
- Cook bacon in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. While this cooks finely chop your onion and garlic..
- Add onion, garlic chopped fine or pressed, and optional pepper flakes to skillet. Cook another 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender..
- Add stock, evaporated milk, and pasta then stir together. Cover and bring to a simmer. Simmer 12-14 minutes or until pasta is still a little firm. Stir occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cream cheese, grated parmesan and thawed peas.
- Let stand, covered for 5 minutes or until sauce is thick and creamy..
Add grated cheese to eggs and mix until a paste. When pasta is "al dente", remove and drain. Stack bacon and cut in half lengthwise. Meanwhile, finely chop onion using Food Chopper. Add onion, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and pepper flakes to Skillet.