4 August, 2020
Recipe: Yummy Shepherds Pie P-lo Style
Shepherds Pie P-lo Style. Shepherd's Pie is a savory meat pie with a crust made mashed potato. This Filipino style Shepherd's Pie Recipe is awesomely delicious Cheddar Cheese (optional). Here is how you achieve that.
Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served 'shepherd's pie' here, it is most often made with ground beef. Updated Shepherds Pie.with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can cook Shepherds Pie P-lo Style using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie P-lo Style
- Prepare 2-15 ounce of cans of sweet whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 2-15 ounce of cans of veggie grove French style green beans.
- Prepare 1 can (15 ounce) of sweet peas.
- Prepare 6-8 of potatoes.
- It’s 1 lb of shredded cheese (I use Mexican style).
- You need 1/2 of chopped onion.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- You need of Milk(for mashed potatoes).
- It’s of Butter(for mashed potatoes).
- It’s of Heavy Whipping cream or half and half cream(for mashed potatoes).
- Prepare 1 of and a half pound of ground hamburger meat.
You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. Drain, let cool and remove skins. A true shepherd's pie is made with lamb while a cottage pie is made with beef. In the US, I notice that it is often called a shepherd's pie when it really is just a cottage pie.
Shepherds Pie P-lo Style step by step
- Peel and boil potatoes.
- While potatoes are boiling I add my meat over med high heat with onion and cilantro and seasons (salt pepper garlic) and cook about 15 minutes until all meat is browned and cooked thru then drain grease out of and set meat aside.
- Now potatoes should be about done once tender with fork drain water and add milk, butter, cream, salt pepper and garlic and mash (I have a mashed potato recipe on my page)…do as you would make mashed potatoes.
- Now grab a baking dish and add potatoes for the first layer.
- Then add drained meat on top for next layer.
- Now add cans of vegetables but drain liquid before you add each can then top with salt pepper and garlic.
- Final layer shredded cheese I top with salt and garlic and little more cilantro. And place in oven at 375.
- In about 20-30 minutes later all cheese will be melted and corners starting to brown remove dish and let sit few minutes to cool.
Since the type of meat used is the only real difference in this dish, I find most have a version using beef that they call shepherd's pie even if it technically. The coziest comfort food on a wintry night, shepherd's pie in different guise. Comfort comes from fresh ingredients selected for the very purpose of assembling the pie. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.