15 August, 2020
Recipe: Tasty Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin
Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin. Great recipe for Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin. Well this is another favourite for family and friends. If you're vegetarian then leave out the meat.
Layer half the spinach and half the pimentos over potatoes and pour half the cheese sauce over the spinach. Remove from the oven; sprinkle the potatoes with the bacon. In a large bowl combine the potatoes with the cooked crumbled bacon, sliced onion, vegetable oil or olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. You can cook Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin
- You need 6 large of Thin sliced potato on a mandolin or otherwise.
- Prepare 4 of thin sliced large onions.
- It’s 5 large cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of chillies, 1 red 1 green.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of Vegetable oil.
- You need 250 g of bacon lardons.
- Prepare 1 tub (300g) of creme fresh.
- It’s 300 g of strong cheddar cheese grated.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
Add the onion, half the bacon and half the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining bacon and cheese and the green onion on top and pop back in the oven for a few minutes. Stir again, making sure that none of the potatoes are sticking to the tray. Chop the bacon into small pieces.
Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin step by step
- Fry off bacon lardons and set aside for later..
- Grate cheddar cheese into a bowl and set aside for later..
- Place 6 tablespoons of oil in frying pan. Thinly slice potatoes and onions. Place potatoes first one layer in bottom of pan then a layer of onions and sprinkle them with salt and pepper and repeat process until all potatoes and onions are in the pan. Fry gently with a lid on..
- Finley chop garlic and chillies and add to the top of potato and onion mix in frying pan. When the potatoes on the bottom have browned turn the mix over. Do this until most of the mix has browned and softened ..
- Get an oven proof dish big enough to hold all the contents of what's in the frying Crush some more garlic and and mix with the butter. Rub this around the inside of this ovenproof dish..
- Placed cooked potato and onion mix into oven proof dish . Sprinkle on bacon lardons. Sprinkle on grated cheese. Drizzle creme fresh all over. Place in oven to bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 mins..
- Bon appetite . Love this one…
Remove the potatoes from the oven, stir again and sprinkle generously with shredded cheese and chopped bacon. Continue layering with the remaining potato slices, onion, seasoning and cream mixture. Cover with foil and place on a baking tray in the oven. Bake in oven for one hour or until potato is tender. Finally sprinkle the baked potatoes with parmesan cheese.