21 September, 2020
Recipe: Delicious Homemade Beef Gravy (from Pot Roast)
Homemade Beef Gravy (from Pot Roast). A pot roast without gravy is an incomplete meal. Use flour or gluten-free cornstarch as a thickener along with the roasting juices to create pot roast gravy. Mix the dry ingredients separately with broth or roasting juices; then add to the pot to prevent separation.
Remove roast from pot and place on a plate. Great recipe for Homemade Beef Gravy (from Pot Roast). Came up with this recipe when I made my pot roast. You can have Homemade Beef Gravy (from Pot Roast) using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Beef Gravy (from Pot Roast)
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of pot roast juice.
So yummy and full of flavor! If gravy is one of those things that has always intimidated you, you're going to love my easy Roast Beef Gravy recipe. Homemade gravy is definitely something you can do. The best way to start is with drippings and jus left in the crock-pot or roasting pan after you've finished cooking a roast.
Homemade Beef Gravy (from Pot Roast) instructions
- Melt butter in saucepan over med low heat, add flour. Mix until a paste is made (rue)..
- Slowly add 1/4 cup size spoonfuls of juice from pot roast. Whisk together after every other spoonful. Keep adding until juice and rue are mixed and have thinned out a bit..
- Add whipping cream..
- Whisk together about 5 mins until gravy thickens (add more whipping cream if needed).
- Enjoy paired with pot roast and mashed potatoes.
This is an old-fashioned tender beef pot roast with vegetables and homemade gravy. Feel free to add other vegetables to this pot roast, such as small white onions, parsnips, or sweet potato chunks. The pot roast is served along with the vegetables and beef gravy. Growing up, the star of every Sunday dinner was our mom's creamy, rich beef gravy. She was famous for her warm, comforting Sunday meals, especially mashed potatoes and gravy.