21 August, 2020
How to Cook Yummy Shepherds Pie low carb
Shepherds Pie low carb. VEGGIES If it's a low carb vegetable, it can go into this keto shepherd's pie recipe. Onions, celery, mushrooms, even broccoli, peas or green beans make for a colorful entrée. TOPPING Beef stock, tomato paste, and garlic give the base for this pie some depth but what really makes this recipe a standout is the mashed cauliflower topping!
This keto Low Carb Shepherd's Pie uses wholesome, delicious ingredients. It may be low in carbs but it's full of flavor. You and your family are bound to love it! You can have Shepherds Pie low carb using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie low carb
- It’s of pie.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of lamb.
- Prepare 2 cup of carrots.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 8 oz of mushroom.
- It’s 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 1/3 tsp of rosemary.
- You need 1/3 tsp of summer savory.
- You need 7 of lamb stock or beef stock.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter softened.
- It’s of mashed cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 of large heads of cauliflower.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pints of water.
There are few recipes more satisfying than the first steaming bite of this low carb shepherd's pie recipe! The warm, savory mashed cauliflower topping holds in all this casserole's flavorful goodness of gravy, beef, and veggies, giving you a meal that'll warm you from the inside out — Similar to a cauliflower pizza crust. You might think low carb dinners can't be hearty and. This is the best way to make a low carb shepherd's pie – with the perfect cauliflower topping and a delicious filling!
Shepherds Pie low carb instructions
- Preheat oven 275° Fahrenheit.
- Chop the lamb into bite sized pieces..
- Slice the carrots, and mushrooms. Chop the onions. Mix everything for the pie together. Put into 9×13 baking pan. Bake 2 hours. Stir well..
- Boil steam the cauliflower. Drain all the liquids when it gets fork tender..
- Mix the salt, cream, and cauliflower. Whip them till creamy don't make the cauliflower too runny but should be firm. Let cool..
- Spread cauliflower over the lamb mixture. Turn heat up to 425° Fahrenheit. Make grooves in cauliflower and bake 30 minutes..
- Let sit 10 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!.
Chop cauliflower and steam it until very tender. Remove from heat, mash well & season to taste. KETO COTTAGE PIE TLDR: Use low carb root vegetables, thicken cottage pie with xanthan gum and tomato paste, make low carb cottage pie with mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes. Like a good low carb beef stew, cottage pie is a comfort food winner. There's a reason it's called comfort food, my friends.