1 August, 2020
Recipe: Appetizing Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?
Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?. Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Heat the vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. In a large saucepan, combine turkey, carrots, celery, onion, bay leaves, and thyme.
Unlike a pot pie, there's no pie crust in this recipe, just a layer of smooth and creamy mashed potatoes. This shepherd's pie recipe can actually use ALL of your Thanksgiving leftovers, not just the leftover turkey! Brown the Italian sausage in a large pot over medium-high heat, then remove and reserve. You can have Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cooked chopped turkey(dark or white,or both)*I used dark*.
- It’s 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks,chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cup of mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of turkey stuffing.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of butter.
Sear the turkey in the pot until golden brown on both sides, then add the stock, carrots, onions, celery. Use a pot holder to hang on to the pot while you smash them up. Ground turkey is sauteed in olive oil along with shredded carrot,mushrooms, garlic, and seasonings. This tasty filling is then piled into a baking dish, topped with homemade mashed potatoes, and baked until golden.
Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? step by step
- In a bowl, mix your mashed potatoes and stuffing, set aside..
- In a large pan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add all your veggies, and cook for about 5-8 min..
- Add your chopped turkey, and season with thyme, salt and pepper..
- Add your chicken stock. Make an empty space in the center of the pan and add your cornstarch and milk. Mix until the cornstarch has dissolved, then mix everything together..
- Cook for another 3-5 min until the sauce thickens..
- Transfer everything to a baking dish. Top with your mashed potato/stuffing mixture..
- Add a few dollops/dabs of butter to the top and bake in oven for 35min @ 400°F..
- After 35 min, set under the broiler on high for 5min to crisp up and brown the top nicely..
- ENJOY 😊.
Add ground turkey to the skillet with the rest of the onions. Add turkey gravy, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and oregano. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb) and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes.. Instant Pot® Shepherd's Pie Instant Pot® Shepherd's Pie. Press the dough into a pie plate, prick the bottom of the crust with a fork and flute the edges.