20 August, 2020
Recipe: Appetizing Bacon Carbonara
Bacon Carbonara. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Classic Italian recipes are a popular section of recipes on the site including Meat Lasagna , Chicken Parmesan and Marinara Sauce. Set the pasta to boil according to the package's directions.
Pasta is a weekly special in our home! If you love pasta as much as we do try these Creamy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Pasta, Creamy Chicken, Bacon and Broccoli Ranch Pasta or. Pasta Carbonara with bacon lardons, parmesan cheese and eggs. You can have Bacon Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Carbonara
- Prepare 200 grams of spaghetti.
- You need 100 grams of bacon (thick slices).
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 60 grams of grated pecorino cheese.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
No cream, no complicated sauces, just the real deal. The creamy carbonara sauce can't be any simpler, it just uses eggs and parmesan, no actual cream. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Pour off all of the bacon grease, but don't clean the pan.
Bacon Carbonara instructions
- Dice bacon and fry it in a pan together with olive oil.
- Whip both eggs together with pecorino cheese and pepper (leave a tablespoon of pecorino aside for the final touch).
- Add fried bacon to the whipped eggs.
- Boil spaghetti in salted water then drain them.
- Mix together spaghetti (while they are still very hot) and the whipped eggs mixture until you obtain a creamy texture. If it looks too liquid you can quickly put everything on the stove which should be still hot, but just for few seconds or the eggs will excessively thicken..
- Serve with ground black pepper and a sprinkle of pecorino.
Return the pan to the stove over medium-low heat and throw in the onions and garlic. Pasta, eggs, cheese, and bacon come together in the ultimate Italian favorite: spaghetti carbonara. It is, after all, bacon and eggs. The only trick to Carbonara is tempering the egg yolks to ensure you do not end up with scrambled eggs. For the brightest color, I use Araucana eggs, which are widely available at Whole Foods and farmer markets.