27 July, 2020
Recipe: Delicious Pork Pot Roast
Pork Pot Roast. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Pork Roast Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Season the roast very generously with salt and pepper, and then dust lightly with the flour. Put a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and then add the olive oil.
You can also use this cooking time to clean and cut the carrots, little potatoes, red onion, and green beans – which are added in batches to the pot with the pork after the two hours is up. Inject the pork roast all over with the Creole marinade; blot moisture from the outside of the roast. Rub the spice mix all over the pork roast to thoroughly coat. You can have Pork Pot Roast using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork Pot Roast
- It’s of Browning.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of Pork Roast.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Sea Salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need of Baste.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- You need 1 envelope of Lipton Onion Soup (dry).
- Prepare of Fixins.
- You need 2 each of Celery Stalks, chopped.
- It’s 2 medium of yellow onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Baby carrots.
- You need 4 medium of Yukon gold potato, diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning.
- It’s of smoked paprika.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, then cook and stir the shallots and elephant garlic until the garlic becomes lightly golden brown. Sear the coated pork roast in. Unravel it and tuck it in the pot over the pork, figs and onions. This will help the pork steam as well as roast and keep it really moist and juicy.
Pork Pot Roast step by step
- Heat a medium skillet with vegetable oil on medium high heat.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on all sides of the pork roast..
- Brown the pork lightly on all four sides.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a Dutch oven or roasting pan mix the hot water and lipton Onion soup.
- Now that the pork is lightly browned set it in the soup mix..
- Prep your veggies: carrots, onion, potato, celery, garlic..
- Sprinkle some Italian seasoning and smoked paprika on top of the pork.
- Drop the prepped vegetables around the roast, ending with the onions on top..
- Place the lid on the pot and cook for 45 minute's..
- Remove from oven and baste the roast thoroughly with the liquids.
- Place back in oven and cook for 45 minute's to 60 minute's or until internal temperature reaches recommended 145°F. (I went to 160f).
- Let rest for 3 minute's..
- Serve and enjoy!.
How to Make the Perfect Pork Roast in a Crock Pot. This Perfect Crock Pot Pork Roast recipe is based off of Momma's tried and true Perfect Crock Pot Roast for a beef roast. If you have read the post for the beef recipe, you know that this is my all time favorite recipe from my childhood. Rub pork roast with salt and pepper. Make tiny slits in meat and insert slivers of garlic (or just sprinkle on some garlic powder).