10 October, 2020
Recipe: Yummy Savory Shepherds Pie
Savory Shepherds Pie. Whisk in flour and beef broth until smooth. Add to pot and stir to combine. Yes, shepherd's pie is predominantly thought of as Irish or British.
Add the stock, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. This version features extra-rich and creamy mashed potatoes and a hearty, carrot- and pea-studded meat sauce, made ever so slightly in the style of a classic Italian ragù. Shepherd's pie, the British casserole of minced meat and vegetables topped with buttery mashed potatoes, delivers perfection in every bite. You can have Savory Shepherds Pie using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Savory Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 2 medium of Yellow onions.
- It’s 3 large of Cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 5 lb of Bag of potatoes.
- You need 3 lb of 80/20 hamburg.
- Prepare 2 packages of McCormack onion gravy.
- It’s 2 packages of McCormack mushroom gravy.
- It’s 2 1/2 stick of Salted sweet cream butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- It’s 3 can of Sweet crisp whole corn.
- You need 1 of Water.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
This version features extra-rich and creamy mashed potatoes and a hearty, carrot- and pea-studded meat sauce, made ever so slightly in the style of a classic Italian ragù. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. How to Make Savory Shepherd's Pie.
Savory Shepherds Pie step by step
- Peel and quarter onions then slice and put in a large skillet with half a stick of butter cook until almost caramelized. Peel and mince garlic set aside. while the onions are cooking peel and quarter potatoes rinse and place in a pot cover with water and start cooking. add hamburger and garlic to onions cook until meat is brown. drain into a measuring cup then put the meat and onion mixture back into the skillet. add enough water to the measuring cup to bring it up to the 2 cup line. put back in the skillet with the gravy mixes cook until thickened. put in a 13×9 baking dish. check the potatoes they are done when they are fork tender. open and drain the 3 cans of corn then spread them on top of the hamburger. drain potatoes when they are fork tender the put back in the pot with the 2 sticks of butter mash together. then with a Hand mixer slowly add butter milk whipping as you go salt and pepper to taste. spread on top of corn bake at 375 for 30 minuets.
In a large sauce pan, brown ground meat and onions together, drain off excess fat. Stir in garlic and cook for a minute more. By the way, technically, this's called cottage pie, because we're using ground beef. From a quick research, I learned that original shepherd's pie uses lamb. Back home in Mongolia, my mom used to make this with mutton.