2 September, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Pasta Carbonara
Pasta Carbonara. For a quick dinner, whip up Tyler Florence's authentic Spaghetti alla Carbonara recipe, a rich tangle of pasta, pancetta and egg, from Food Network. Pasta, eggs, cheese, and bacon come together in the ultimate Italian favorite: spaghetti carbonara. When the pasta is done, reserve a cup or two of the pasta water.
The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta. Splash in a little hot pasta water if needed for consistency. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. You can cook Pasta Carbonara using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Carbonara
- You need 250 g of spaghetti (or any other pasta).
- You need 125 g of bacon.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 of table spoons of shredded parmesan cheese (or pasta cheese).
- You need 1 of tooth of garlic.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
Drain pasta, reserving pasta water; keep pasta warm. In same pot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta. Toss rapidly to coat the pasta without cooking the egg.
Pasta Carbonara instructions
- Put water for pasta to boil, add a pinch if salt.
- Meanwhile Peelgarlic, smash it a little bit with flat side of your knife, so it gives more flavor. Add olive oil to your pan and add garlic there.
- Add diced bacon and keep on medium heat until gets crunchy flipping from time to time. Remove garlic and set aside. It doesn’t have to be hot..
- Once water start boiling put your pasta to cook.
- Meanwhile make a sauce. Mix eggs with cheese, add a little salt and pepper. Don’t add too much salt as bacon is already salted. Mix well. If mixture is too thick you can add a little water from pasta, dont add very hot water because eggs will start to cook..
- Ones your pasta is ready add it to the bacon and mix well, then add egg mixture while mixing. Eat right away!.
Remove the pan from the heat and add a big handful of cheese, lots of pepper and a little salt. Garnish with parsley and extra grated Romano. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and Parmesan until combined. Luscious and wonderfully indulgent, pasta carbonara takes as long to make as it does to cook the pasta.