8 August, 2020
Recipe: Appetizing Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew
Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew. Garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika add flair! Brown meat in oil add onions. The best meat to make beef stew is chuck steak!
It is perfect for Crock Pot Beef Stew or pot roast (a similar texture to pork shoulder which is used to make Crock Pot Pulled Pork). Ultimate Slow Cooker Beef Stew made with chuck roast, Yukon potatoes and carrots for a rich beef stew that is perfect for the cold weather. Ultimate Slow Cooker Beef Stew Slow cooker meals are so popular right now with good reason. You can have Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew
- It’s 1 of Beef roast of your choice.
- You need 6 of Carrots chopped.
- Prepare 5 of Potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 of Celery stalks chopped.
- It’s 1 of Small- med Onion chopped.
- It’s 6 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 cup of Red wine of your choice.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 2 cup of Rice.
- You need of Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of Ground pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of Red pepper flakes – Optional.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Any type of beef roast that contains a lot of connective tissue is a good candidate for pot roast. At low-and-slow cooking temperatures, connective tissue releases gelatin, infusing both the meat and the cooking liquid with rich, juicy flavor.
Crock Pot Roast Beef Stew instructions
- Pat dry roast with paper towel and season..
- Place roast in crock pot and add water & wine. Liquid should cover about 1 1/2 inches of the bottom or so..
- Add garlic cloves and vegetables around the roast. They do not have to be under water.
- Place the sprigs of rosemary on top the roast. Cover and turn on LOW for about 5 hours or until roast falls apart..
- TIP: After a few hours spoon liquid over roast and repeat a few times..
- Serve by pulling desired amount of roast with tongs and spooning the stew. ENJOY!.
- TIP: Try serving over rice..
- TIP: Day 2: You can use the beef for an "And the Next Day" Recipe. See my "Enchisagna" or "Enchiladas" recipe. You can even use the leftover rice!.
Beef: Look for cuts like chuck roast, stew beef and brisket. Pork: Choose shoulder or pork ribs. Chicken: The best choice for the slow cooker is chicken thighs. It helps that tougher cuts are often less expensive, so they're perfect for dinners on a budget. Coat in flour and shake off any excess.