9 September, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Au gratin cauliflower
Au gratin cauliflower. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add cauliflower, and cook just until crisp-tender.
Season lightly with white pepper and sprinkle all the cheeses over. This cauliflower au gratin recipe is the perfect cheesy side dish for the holidays. Deliciously creamy, this vegetable side dish is topped with herbed breadcrumbs for a crunchy topping. You can cook Au gratin cauliflower using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Au gratin cauliflower
- You need 2 lb of cauliflower.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 14 oz of coconut milk.
- It’s 3 tsp of chive oil see attached recipe.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded colby and monterrey jack cheese.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. PRO TIP: You can even make this easier by using pre packaged uncooked cauliflower thats already been cleaned and cut! Give the cauliflower a head start before going in the oven. Au gratin basically means the casserole is topped with a crusty layer of breadcrumbs and cheese.
Au gratin cauliflower step by step
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit..
- Cut the cauliflower up trying to keep a standard on the cuts so as to allow cooking to be equal, but if not its ok..
- Add all the ingredients mix well together. add shredded colby and monterrey jack cheese last on top https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/364257-chives-oil-homemade.
- Put in oven bake for an hour. Let sit 10 minutes. Serve hope you enjoy!.
Fancy name and it obviously has French origins but it tastes like something you would eat at home. Even if yore not particularly a fan of cauliflower or like me, generally indifferent towards it, you'll love this! Roasted Cauliflower Au Gratin (or simply Cauliflower Gratin) is a new way to enjoy more heart-healthy cruciferous vegetables – aka cauliflower and broccoli! It's a lower-carb spin on the traditional potato gratin. Creamy Cauliflower Au Gratin with Bacon makes such an amazing side dish.