25 August, 2020
Recipe: Appetizing Potato and broccoli au gratin
Potato and broccoli au gratin. On high heat, cover and heat until boiling. Drain, chop and add to the onion. Combine milk with eggs and flour.
Sprinkle half of the salt and pepper over potatoes and broccoli. Add the remaining potatoes and broccoli florets and season with the remaining salt and pepper. A classic French dish, potato gratin combines with the American favorite, broccoli-cheese casserole, for a tasty twist on both. You can have Potato and broccoli au gratin using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and broccoli au gratin
- Prepare of side dishes.
- Prepare 2 of large russet potatoes peeled and sliced thin.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli florets.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated onion.
- You need 2 cup of warm half and half.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Make sure all the potato slices are about the same thickness so they cook evenly. Pour the cheese sauce evenly across the top of the broccoli and potato pieces. Remove the gratin from the oven and turn on your broiler. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Potato and broccoli au gratin step by step
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and preheat oven to 375°. Toss potatoes, onions, broccoli and salt pepper together. Place in baking dish creating layers with cheese. Add warm half and half and butter..
- Bake 25-35minutes. Checking after 30 mins. Potatoes should be tender, cheese bubbly and sauce thickened slightly..
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10minutes before serving. Sauce will thicken more as it cools. Enjoy..
Wrap each potato tightly with foil. Add potatoes, ham and broccoli to sauce; stir gently to coat. Add the panko and toss to coat. Also the sauce was a bit bland. I used fresh garlic and my own homemade Worcestershire sauce and it turned out good.