6 October, 2020
How to Make Appetizing Flavorful Pot Roast
Flavorful Pot Roast. On hectic days, this is so quick and easy to prep! Convenient packages of dressing and gravy combine to create a sauce worthy of a fall-apart roast. For a filling meal-in-one, serve with mashed potatoes and ladle the juices over top. —Arlene Butler, Ogden, Utah.
Served with mushrooms, carrots and potatoes, this hearty meal is pure comfort food! If not enough liquid to cover roast, add water (or more wine). The secret to tender pot roast is to cook it long enough, so if it's not tender yet, that means it's not done yet. You can cook Flavorful Pot Roast using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Flavorful Pot Roast
- Prepare 1 of chuck roast about 3 pounds.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 2 lb of potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery, cut into large chunks, optional.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of steak seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried rosemary.
This is a culinary classic and for good reason! A pot roast is a beef roast that is generally a tougher cut. Cooking at a low temperature for a long time breaks down the tough connective tissues resulting in deliciously tender beef with a flavorful gravy. Good choices for a pot roast include a chuck roast (my favorite choice.
Flavorful Pot Roast step by step
- Combined together seasoning mix in a small bowl. Set aside..
- Coat both sides of the meat with olive oil. Sprinkle on a third of the seasoning mix onto each side.
- Sear both sides of the meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle on a little olive oil to coat vegetables. Sprinkle on the remaining seasoning mix. Add the vegetables to the same skillet that was used to sear the meat. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Transfer the vegetables to the top of the roast in the slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth. Cover with lid..
- Cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 6 hours..
- Using a turkey baster, retrieve most of the cooking juices from the slow cooker. Transfer juices to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat on the stove top. Whisk together the cornstarch with a little water. Blend into the pan juices while whisking. Bring that to a simmer until thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed..
- Transfer the roast and vegetables to a large platter. Ladle the gravy over. Serve immediately..
In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Add all remaining ingredients except noodles. Learn the best way to make a flavorful pot roast featuring some knowledge I gained from the Alton Brown. Pot Roast is a classic American dish that been influence by the French. There is a dish called boeuf à la mode that is similar to our pot roast and what influenced it.