12 September, 2020
How to Prepare Delicious Healthy Shepherds Pie
Healthy Shepherds Pie. RestaurantBeast.com ) requesting a recipe for something on the healthier side for St. Patrick's Day and thought I'd share here. Ground turkey and ground chicken actually make a GREAT Healthy Shepherd's Pie.
Serve with a green salad with balsamic vinaigrette and crusty bread. Healthy Shepherd's Pie from The Modern Proper. This is a healthy version with cauliflower in place of potatoes. You can cook Healthy Shepherds Pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Shepherds Pie
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 each of cauliflower cut into florets.
- It’s 2 cup of frozen peas and carrots.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 4 tbsp of chives chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red onion sliced.
- It’s 1 of can't believe it's not butter spray.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of salt for cauliflower.
Enjoy this satisfying meal with a little less guilt. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name).
Healthy Shepherds Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Over medium high add oil, add ground turkey, onions cook until browned..
- Add veggies and garlic, stir 5minutes..
- Add cornstarch to beef stock, stir well. Add stock to meat mixture, stir until thickened. Set aside..
- Bring medium pot of salted water to boil, add cauliflower, cook until tender..
- With a potato masher, mashed cauliflower until smooth..
- 8×8 dish spray with cooking spray, add meat mixture..
- Spread cauliflower over meat mixture, spray with can't believe it's not butter..
- Cook for 30 minutes until browned on top. Let cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy.
However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. I'm so excited to be sharing this Healthy Shepherd's Pie recipe with you! I've been super sick with a cold these last few days and it was hard to make, film, and edit the video for this recipe in time to publish it today. I did it and it feels really good! American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes.