30 June, 2020
Recipe: Tasty Oven Braised Pot Roast
Oven Braised Pot Roast. Slice meat and arrange on platter surrounded by vegetables. Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions to the pan. Season both sides of roast with salt and pepper.
What exactly is a Dutch oven? A Dutch oven is, it's merely a large, heavy pot with a lid. You can find many forms of Dutch ovens in the marketplace. You can cook Oven Braised Pot Roast using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Braised Pot Roast
- It’s 3 of -5 lb boneless Chuck Roast.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, cut into slivers.
- You need 2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning, or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Canola oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- Prepare 3 cup of Beef Stock or broth, warmed.
- You need 1 tsp of dried Thyme, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
A "pot roast" is a braised beef dish that's made by searing a big, tough cut of beef (usually an inexpensive roast) and then slowly cooking the beef in a covered dish called a Dutch oven. In America, this dish is often called a "Yankee Pot Roast," and is served with carrots and potatoes or other vegetables. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Slice the pot roast and arrange on platter.
Oven Braised Pot Roast instructions
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Stud the roast using the tip of a knife to cut multiple small slits in areas all over the meat and inserting slivers of garlic into each cut..
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder with fork. Sprinkle flour mixture over entire roast. Rub mixture into the roast, turning until thoroughly covered, including sides. Let rest for 15 min while the oven pre-heats.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of fat in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Using tongs, carefully place roast into hot oil and sear it on all sides..
- Remove roast and set aside. Add more fat or oil as needed to equal 1/4 cup. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly until mixture reaches the color of mud (about 5-7 mins)..
- Stir in the chopped onion and cook about 3 minutes..
- Stir in the warm beef broth, thyme, Worcestershire and bay leaf.
- Place roast into the gravy, spoon some of the gravy on top, cover and cook at 275°F for 4 hours basting occasionally (if you want to add vegetables and potato's, after two hours remove from the oven, baste the meat and add the carrots along the side of the roast, cover and return to the oven for 1 hr. then remove, baste and add the potatoes, cover and cook another hr or until the potatoes are tender).
For another beefy braised recipe similar to this perfect pot roast, try savory, fall-off-the-bone Braised Short Ribs served with cremini mushrooms and a red wine sauce! Tex-Mex Beef Enchiladas are loaded with taco-seasoned ground beef, cheese, and smothered in a perfect enchilada gravy. Heat a heavy Dutch oven on top of the stove over medium high heat. Beer Braised Pot Roast is a savory one-pot meal complete with carrots and potatoes seasoned with onions, garlic and a bottle of beer. Beer Braised Pot Roast is sure to become a favorite, especially if you're already a fan of our popular Red Wine Pot Roast or Classic Pot Roast with Vegetables.