7 October, 2020
Recipe: Appetizing Oven Pot Roast
Oven Pot Roast. Easy & Delicious Dishes With Best Rating. Transfer roast to an oven-safe platter. Remove vegetables using a slotted spoon and arrange around roast.
An oven or slow cooker turns an inexpensive beef pot roast into a succulent, tender feast. Whether you're looking for how long to cook a roast in the oven or the slow cooker, we've got the answers. Vegetables cooked with the roast (using either method) make for a simple, but filling meal. You can cook Oven Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Pot Roast
- You need 3 of or 4 pound roast.
- Prepare 6 of to 8 potatoes ( any kind is fine).
- It’s 2 of bags baby carrots.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 of Meat tenderizer.
- It’s 1 of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of Parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 of Salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of Roaster pan.
Remove the roast from the Dutch oven (leave the juice in the pot and simmer on low heat). Stir the flour/water mixture in with the simmering liquid in the pot; cook stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Serve the roast with veggies and gravy. Pot roast was a one-pot wonder long before that was a term for homey dishes that are both inexpensive and require little hands-on cooking.
Oven Pot Roast instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel potatoes, cuts into big chunks the rinse..
- Rinse roast and then place in the roaster pan, rub with meat tenderizer, and sprinkle garlic powder over roast..
- Place potatoes on one side of the roast, rinse carrots and then place on the other side of roaster pan..
- Sprinkle parsley flakes over potatoes, roast and carrots..
- Rinse onion then slice over meat and veggies..
- Place in oven with a secure lid..
- Bake for 2 – 2 1/2 hours. Depends on the weight of the roast..
This dish has long been the Sunday night dinner that makes a large number of servings (and incredible leftovers) while perfuming the whole house. Heat a heavy Dutch oven on top of the stove over medium high heat. Brown roast in oil in a Dutch oven on all sides; drain. Combine the sherry, soy sauce, sugar, bouillon and cinnamon stick; pour over roast. Pot roast is the perfect Sunday supper.