9 August, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
Spaghetti Squash Carbonara. All the creamy, cheesy, bacon goodness you love about Pasta Carbonara, but lightened up! An easy, hearty, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, healthy meal. (whoosh…that's a lot of goodness!) It's special enough for company and simple enough for every day. Based on the classic spaghetti carbonara, spaghetti squash is roasted in the oven and finished with a sauce of garlic, leeks, white wine, Parmesan, and a bit of bacon.
You won't even miss the pasta in this easy, low-carb, and keto-diet friendly recipe. Meal prep this healthy Italian dish for busy weeknights and have it ready to enjoy for dinner or lunch! Prick the squash all over with a fork. You can cook Spaghetti Squash Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
- Prepare 1 of Spaghetti Squash.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 4 slice of bacon.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
Beta-carotene is one phytonutrient, in particular, that you can find in abundance in spaghetti squash [*]. I don't really care how you feel about spaghetti squash. Because I know how everyone feels about spaghetti carbonara, and this baked spaghetti squash carbonara is going to warm your pasta-loving heart in exactly the same way. And isn't that really the point of spaghetti squash, if we're all being honest?
Spaghetti Squash Carbonara step by step
- Halve and roast spaghetti squash with small drizzle of olive oil for 15 minutes, then shred it into 'noodles.'.
- Dice bacon and saute until fully cooked..
- While bacon cooks, whisk eggs and parmesan cheese together until well mixed..
- Add minced garlic to the bacon and continue cooking about 1 minute. (At this time you may add any other vegetables you would like and saute).
- Stir squash and parmesan/egg mixture, then add to the pan with bacon and veggies. Stir well, then serve!.
And, spaghetti squash carbonara is my favorite way to make it. If you haven't made low carb spaghetti squash to replace pasta before, it's actually much simpler than it looks. The most challenging part is cutting it open, since the skin is very hard prior to cooking. A sharp knife is crucial here! Butternut Squash Pasta Carbonara with Pancetta and lots of parmesan cheese, a little twist on the classic Italian dish.