16 August, 2020
Easiest Way to Make Tasty Cheesy Shepherds Pie
Cheesy Shepherds Pie. The holidays are particularly convenient time to throw in whatever meat and vegetables you've got lingering in the fridge into a shepherd's pie recipe recipe that's all your own. Warm, savory and oh-so-comforting, this cheesy beef shepherd's pie is everything you love about a hearty beef dinner and then some. Go figure.) is a classic comfort food recipe.
In a large skillet, fry the hamburger until fully cooked. Drain the grease from the hamburger, by spooning out the hamburger onto a plate by using a slotted spoon, and then dumping and discarding grease from skillet. Keep hamburger on plate until further use. You can cook Cheesy Shepherds Pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 2 1/2 of to 3 lbs ground beef.
- Prepare 5 of large potatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced green peppers.
- It’s 1 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 of bag steam fresh peas & carrots.
- It’s 2 of cups diced carrots.
- It’s 3 of cups shredded cheese (your choice).
- You need 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ranch dressing powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sour cream.
This recipe is a regular in our house and is one of my family's favourite dinners — I have listed some additions on bottom of the recipe that may be added to the ground beef mixture but that is only optional —prep time does not include cooking the potatoes. Homemade shepherd's pie made with ground meat, vegetables, simple seasonings, and the most delicious cheesy mashed potato topping. I love comfort foods that are family-friendly and all-in-one pan! Shepherd's pie is just that; you have your meat, veggies, and starch (hello mashed potatoes!) all in one pan and they go so well together.
Cheesy Shepherds Pie instructions
- Cook ground beef with onions, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, basil & garlic powder in a large skillet..
- Boil potatoes until tender..
- Microwave diced carrots until very soft..
- Add bag of steam fresh peas & carrots to beef in skillet. Cook until tender..
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Drain grease from ground beef. Return to skillet and stir in half of shredded cheese. Add to large glass baking dish. Spread evenly..
- Drain potatoes. Add cooked carrots, butter, ranch powder, milk, shredded cheese and sour cream. Blend with a mixer until smooth..
- Add to glass baking dish on top of ground beef. Spread evenly. Sprinkle more shredded cheese on top..
- Bake 30 minutes. Broil for 1 minute until cheese bubbles and top browns a little..
A true shepherd's pie is made with lamb while a cottage pie is made with beef. In the US, I notice that it is often called a shepherd's pie when it really is just a cottage pie. Since the type of meat used is the only real difference in this dish, I find most have a version using beef that they call shepherd's pie even if it technically. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.