15 September, 2020
Recipe: Delicious Best shepherds pie
Best shepherds pie. Best Shepherd's Pie This is the best shepherds pie recipe I've ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie – AKA Shepards Pie or Cottage Pie. Ground Beef (or lamb) with vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with cheesy mashed potatoes and baked. Best Ever American Shepherd's Pie Recipe. You can cook Best shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best shepherds pie
- You need 2 of packages ground beef.
- It’s 1/3 of red onion.
- Prepare 3 of small mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of can of peas and carrots.
- It’s 6 of bacon strips.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of kitchen bouquet browning and seasoning sauce.
- It’s 3 of packages instant potatoes.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan cheese flakes.
I would not have posted unless I tried it and found it delicious and different from the other sheperd pie recipes on this site. Will be a regular during the chili months in buffalo! The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. I made a few changes, which my husband said was the best shepherd's pie he has every eaten.
Best shepherds pie step by step
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Brown beef in bacon fat with onions, mushrooms, garlic, peas, and carrots, and sauces.
- Now spread mixture into a 9 13×9 pan cut bacon into bite size pieces and cream on top now set aside.
- Cook potatoes as directed, then spread on top of beef cover with çheese and bake at 375 for approx 20 – 25 minutes or until cheese browns, may have to broil for a couple minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes and enjoy.
Instead of beef broth, I used a can of Franco American. Gordon Ramsay showed the world how to make a great Shepherd s Pie on his hit show F Word. This dish is so delicious that you can mess it up and it will still leave you feeling as if you re in heaven! Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef.