30 August, 2020
Recipe: Appetizing Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast
Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Place the roast on top, fat side up. Pour in water or beef broth.
Any type of beef roast that contains a lot of connective tissue is a good candidate for pot roast. At low-and-slow cooking temperatures, connective tissue releases gelatin, infusing both the meat and the cooking liquid with rich, juicy flavor. I put the roast right from the searing pan into the crock pot on top of the veggies and let it rest in there instead. You can have Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast
- It’s 2-3 lbs of Boneless Blade Roast or Chuck Roast (Trimmed).
- It’s 2 of Medium Onions Quartered or Coarsely Chopped.
- It’s 6 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- Prepare 5 Sprigs of Thyme.
- It’s 2 lb of Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled & Diced 1-2" Cubes.
- You need 4 of Large Carrots or One Bag Baby Carrots Cut into 1" Pieces.
- You need 32 oz of Carton Beef Broth (use less if you like less gravy).
- You need 2 Tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Organic All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 4-6 of Beef Bouillon Cubes or 4-6 tsp Bouillon Powder.
- You need 1 Cup of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
Cuisine American, Comfort Food, Slow Cooker. Pour over beef broth and Worcestershire. Remove from slow cooker and let rest, then slice and serve with vegetables. Crock-Pot Pulled Beef Pot Roast Sandwiches are one of my all-time favorite dump-and-go summer meals.
Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast instructions
- Season all sides of Beef Roast with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Season to your taste..
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over Medium to Medium High heat. Brown all sides of roast. Place Roast in a large Crock-Pot..
- On top of Roast, layer in Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Thyme, Carrots, Bouillon Cubes, and Bay Leaf. Pour in Red Wine. Add some Salt and Pepper. Remember, the Bouillon adds a lot of Sodium, so you won't need as much Salt..
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour in around a cup of the Beef Broth. Add in Flour, Dijon, and Brown Sugar. Whisk until mixed. Pour into Crock-Pot along with the rest of the Broth..
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are soft and the gravy has thickened. The longer it cooks, the better. Taste for seasoning, and add more if needed. Remove Bay Leaf and Thyme Stems, before serving..
After searing the beef and onions on the stove-top, the crock-pot does the rest of the work, cooking the meat to pulled perfection. After hours of slow-cooking, the most tender pulled sandwiches come together in just minutes with butter, cheese. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut the roast in half add it to the marinade and coat all sides. Remove roast to a serving platter or cutting board and cover to keep warm.