29 July, 2020
Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Mincemeat Cookies
Mincemeat Cookies. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. My Mother always made mincemeat cookies for Christmas years ago but when I asked her for the recipe she hadn't saved it.
This was pretty similar to the mincemeat cookie recipe on my package of mincemeat. I omitted the walnuts and put in Rice Krispies instead and subbed half the flour for whole wheat flour. The cookies came out with a delicious strong spicy flavor. You can cook Mincemeat Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mincemeat Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter – softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of (packed) light brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of prepared mincemeat.
- You need 3 1/4 cups of unbleached all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
I frosted half of them and kept the others bare and I think they were equally good. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. View All Recipes I Want to Discover.
Mincemeat Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat on low to cream together..
- Add all 3 eggs and vanilla. Continue to beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add mincemeat. Stir by hand to incorporate..
- Add 1/2 of flour mixture. Beat on low until just incopprated. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add remainder of flour mixtures. Beat on low again until just incorporated..
- Drop 2 tbs of batter for each cookie onto baking sheet, spaced 2-3 inches apart. Bake in oven for 10 minutes..
- Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat baking process until all batter is used up. Enjoy!.
View Suggestions BACK TO TOP See all Scripps Networks Digital. Be the first to rate and review this recipe. I have always loved mincemeat – pie with vanilla ice cream or cookies and cocoa. This is how we make them, except here I will substitute Borden's Nonesuch Mincemeat, or Robertson's (preferred) in a jar instead of homemade mincemeat. Fall spices are the all-star of the spice rack right now.