18 September, 2020
How to Prepare Tasty Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie. This Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie recipe is a great start, very easy to prepare as well as scrumptious. Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie : Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie I tossed together some of my favourite fall veggies and hoped for the best.
In bowl, combine sausage, gravy, vegetables and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon mashed potatoes into even layer on top. In a large, oven-safe casserole dish, smooth a layer of half the potato puree, a layer sausage sauce, mozzarella, then the remaining potato puree. You can have Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
- You need 4 of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- It’s 2 of celery, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of carrots, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare to taste of Dried basil,.
- Prepare to taste of Dried thyme,.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Sausage, peppers, onions, and green beans are smothered in a cheese sauce and topped with a thick crust of mashed potatoes. This is sure to be a family favorite! Progresso™ beef-flavored broth provides a simple addition to this classic and hearty casserole – Shepherd's pie baked using beef, sausage and mixed vegetables.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..
Perfect for your family dinner menu! Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Yes, shepherd's pie is predominantly thought of as Irish or British. But since I'm Scottish, I thought I'd give it a unique twist to suit my ancestral tastes.