9 October, 2020
Recipe: Yummy Carrot and Potato Gratin
Carrot and Potato Gratin. bring large pot of salted water to boil. Combine half the cheese and remaining ingredients. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
Season with remaining salt, pepper and basil. Add enough broth to come three-quarters of the way up vegetables. Grate feta finely and mix with broth. You can cook Carrot and Potato Gratin using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot and Potato Gratin
- It’s 2 of onions, sliced (not diced).
- It’s 5 of potatoes, sliced thin.
- You need 4 of carrots, sliced thin.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of butter.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s to taste of Dried thyme,.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded parm cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mozz mix).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
Pour over potato and carrot slices. Shake pan gently to distibute feta mixture evenly. Whisk milk with cream and pour over vegetables as well. Remove from the oven and serve.
Carrot and Potato Gratin instructions
- Melt butter in pan and caramelize onions, add garlic in the last 5 min of cooking.. salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cream, parm cheese, corn starch,salt, pepper and thyme to taste.
- Layer potatoes and carrots, top with half the carmelized onions, pour half the liquid mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Continue this until all ingredients are used..
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Place foil on top and bake in 400°F oven for about 45-min to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil in the last 10 min of cooking to brown the top..
Potatoes and Carrots Au Gratin Potatoes and Carrots Au Gratin. Rating: Unrated Be the first to rate & review! Give yourself a break and let your food processor thinly slice all the potatoes for this side dish recipe.. Pour a third of the cream mixture over the potatoes. Next, shingle half the carrots and parsnips in alternating rows.