9 July, 2020
How to Make Tasty Shepherds pie
Shepherds pie. Want To Learn How To Make Delicious Pies? Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
The use of lamb, the smoky, heather taste of Guinness® Draught (Irish, I admit), and the topping of sharp Cheddar and smoked paprika give this version its unique, smoky-sweet flavor. You'll love the convenience of this easy, comforting shepherd's pie from Martha Stewart. Cover with at least an inch of cold water. You can have Shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie
- You need 2 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of an onion.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Worchershirer sauce.
- You need of Lemon juice.
- You need of Fresh basil and oregano.
- You need 1 pint of Green beans.
- You need of Carrots (3 or 4 good sized).
- You need 1 pint of Corn.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- It’s Splash of milk and water.
- It’s of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 packets of brown gravy.
- You need of Cheese (shredded mexican).
- You need of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley.
- It’s of Paprika.
Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato.
Shepherds pie step by step
- Brown meat with herbs,garlic, onions, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Then add the veggies. (cook till veggies are soft).
- Put all in a 9×13 with melted butter and all other ingredients then and the gravy packets some milk and cornstarch. Put cheese on top of the mixture..
- Make mashed potatoes and place on top of cheese. Garnish with paprika and left over parsley..
In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream. Add salt and pepper; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef with onion and red pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise.