18 August, 2020
Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Sirloin Steak
Sirloin Steak. Velveting is a technique that is usually used for stir-fries, but I decided to try it on pan-fried top sirloin steaks, and my experiment was a great success! The theory behind velveting is that the egg white, cornstarch, and rice wine mixture coats the surface of the meat, locking in moisture and giving it a tender, velvety texture. Salt and freshly ground black pepper The sirloin steak is cut from the sirloin, the subprimal posterior to the short loin where the T-bone, porterhouse, and club steaks are cut.
The bottom sirloin, which is less tender and much larger, is typically marked for sale simply as. I rubbed them with meat tenderizer and cracked black pepper and let them rest on the counter for about an hour. Hearty sirloin steak is a great choice for steak frites. You can cook Sirloin Steak using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sirloin Steak
- You need 2.5 lbs of beef top sirloin steak.
- Prepare of As needed, seasoned meat tenderizer and pepper.
- Prepare of As needed, a little olive oil and a dap of butter.
View All Start Slideshow Paul Sirisalee. Looking for dinners the whole family will enjoy? These inspired (yet inexpensive) recipes easily make the cut.. The top sirloin is the more tender cut, and is typically labeled as "top sirloin" on the packaging.
Sirloin Steak step by step
- Before I cook my steak, I beat the crap out of it with a meat tenderizing tool. I highly recommend getting one of these if you don’t have one..
- When it’s time to cook your steak, heat a large cast iron skillet on med/high heat. Add the oil and butter and allow to melt. Lay the steak in the skillet and set the bacon press or another skillet on top of the steak..
- Cook for a good 5 to 6 minutes without moving it. Flip the steak and repeat with the press or the weight..
- After another 5 or 6 minutes take the skillet off the heat. Take off the weight and transfer to a platter. Allow to sit for several minutes to rest. We like ours medium rare. If you’ve never tried it, have some raw horseradish with that steak. It’s a match made in heaven..
Bottom sirloin is less tender, and is typically just referred to as "sirloin" or "sirloin steak". Both types of sirloin are quite tender and flavorful, and benefit from a short cooking time. Beef top sirloin steak recipes are a great way to incorporate a reasonable cut of steak, without sacrificing any flavor. You don't need a grill for this steak dinner, but you can still enjoy it outside! How To Cook Top Sirloin Steak In The Oven.