6 September, 2020
How to Cook Yummy Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin
Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon. Reduce heat and stir in the Brussels sprouts. Arrange bacon and Brussels sprouts on the prepared baking dish.
Cut Brussels sprouts in half and place in an oven safe dish. This Bacon Brussels Sprouts Gratin is creamy, cheesy, and utterly comforting, with a crispy breadcrumb topping and crunchy bacon bits scattered throughout. Brussels Sprouts are baked in a creamy cheese sauce with bacon is a delicious vegetable side dish that will get the non-Brussels-eaters digging in at your holiday table. You can have Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of brussel sprouts, halved.
- You need 8 oz of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- You need 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fontina cheese, grated, optional.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, optional.
- You need to taste of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
If you're looking for a healthy holiday side dish, this Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Gratin is not the one for you. Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Gratin with Gruyère Cheese is the most delicious side dish, whether it's Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year! Brussels sprouts and bacon are browned in the pan, then covered in cream sauce, topped with Gruyere cheese, breadcrumbs and butter and baked in the oven for a crispy finish. But watch out, this incredible side dish will have you picking away nonstop at the crispy-cheesy edges until half of it is gone.
Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F..
- Place brussel sprouts in a baking dish and toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper..
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses..
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 of the bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon..
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set..
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving..
I know, because I ate a ton of it. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss bacon back into pan. Brussels Sprouts Gratin is a cheesy, creamy dream of a holiday side dish! This Bacon Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin recipe is sure to be a family favorite! I've been posting a lot of favorite Thanksgiving recipes in the past couple weeks, but I've saved the best for last!