18 September, 2020
Recipe: Yummy Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast. A Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is a perfect comfort food meal. Rich beef flavor with a hint of spice that makes it ideal for family dinners is going to wow your tastebuds. This classic Sunday dinner recipe is now a family favorite.
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast Instructions: Place roast in crock pot and top with ranch and gravy mix. Then place peppers around roast and add butter. This Mississippi Pot Roast is wonderful for a busy night! You can cook Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- Prepare 1 (3 lb) of chuck roast.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 packet of ranch dressing mix.
- It’s 1 packet of onion soup mix.
- It’s 1/2 cup of salted butter (1 stick).
- You need 8 of peperoncini peppers.
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is slow cooker goodness! Crock-Pot Mississippi Roast is a simple way to make a marvelously moist and tender roast in your slow cooker. I have used this recipe on several different chuck roasts and have found even roasts that are a cheaper cut that tend to get a little bit dry when cooked come out moist and flavorful with this recipe. This is one of those quintessential dump and cook recipes.
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast instructions
- Heat large skillet on high. Once heated add oil.
- Dry both sides of roasts with a paper towel and then season with salt and pepper.
- Sear 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer roast to crock pot.
- Sprinkle packets of ranch and onion soup mix over the top of the roast.
- Top with stick of butter then place peppers on and around the roast.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours. Once done take two forks and shred the meat. Serve with or on mashed potatoes.
- I use slow cooker liners for an easy clean up. They are wonderful! After your done you just tie it up and throw it away..
Ok, really you sear the chuck roast first, but it's not absolutely necessary. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper on both sides. Mississippi Roast is usually made by placing a chuck roast in a crock pot or slow cooker. You'll cook it beneath some butter, a package of ranch dressing mix, another package of "au jus" gravy mix and a handful of pepperoncini peppers. Mississippi pot roast is easy to make in the slow cooker with chuck roast, ranch dressing, au jus gravy mix, and pepperoncini peppers.