23 October, 2020
Recipe: Delicious Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker)
Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker). Easy & Delicious Dishes With Best Rating. Learn The Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Professional Chefs. Fill Your Cart With Color Today!
However, I just use pepper, season salt, and onion powder to season the meat after browning. I also use beef broth only, no water and add a quartered onion or two, and some worcester sauce and gravy master to the broth. A pressure cooker is a must for making a tough roast tender. You can cook Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker) using 21 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker)
- It’s 3-4 lb of beef chuck.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, sliced.
- You need 2 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of vermouth.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- It’s 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- It’s 2 cups of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 12 oz of frozen pearl onions.
- You need 1 lb of potatoes, cubed.
- You need 5 of medium carrots, cut in pieces.
- You need 10 oz of mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
In our large family when I was growing up, this was everyone's most-requested birthday dinner. When my mother was reducing her household size for a move, she gave me her pressure cooker, and I am now teaching my children to make this favorite as well. With an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, the classic Sunday afternoon pot roast can be on the table in under two hours — without ever turning on your oven. We seasoned this one with North African ingredients — dates, olives, and oranges — but remained loyal to the traditional American chuck roast, which, like other inexpensive cuts, braises well.
Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker) instructions
- Prep the ingredients. Combine the water, wine, boullion, Worcestershire, and fish sauce. In a bowl layer the mushrooms, carrots and potatoes. This is so when the vegetables go in, the potatoes will be in the liquid and the mushrooms on top..
- In the pressure cooker, add 1 Tbsp oil and heat on high. Add the onions and cook until browning, or they release their liquid. (If you're using a dutch oven, brown the meat first [steps 5-7] in the dutch oven on the stovetop, remove and then follow these directions)..
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, and spices..
- When the paste begins to stick to the bottom, add the liquid..
- Season the beef chuck with salt..
- Sear the chuck in a skillet on high heat with a little oil..
- Degaze the pan with the vermouth and add it to the pressure cooker..
- Add the chuck to the pressure cooker..
- Cook on high pressure for 35 min followed by immediate pressure release. If using a dutch oven, cook covered in a 300°F oven for 2-3 hours adding more water as necessary..
- Add the veggies so the potatoes are on the bottom and mostly submerged, then the carrots, followed by the mushrooms. Cook on high pressure 15 minutes followed by natural pressure relief. If using the dutch oven, cook with the cover ajar 40-50 min more or until the potatoes are tender..
- Combine the starch with 1/4 cup of water..
- Remove the pot roast from the pot and set aside..
- Bring the liquid in the pot to a simmer and add the starch slurry, stirring to thicken..
- Slice the pot roast, return it to the thickened sauce to reheat..
- Sprinkle the parsley on and serve in large bowls. I like to add simple steamed green peas as a side..
While this pressure cooker pot roast has an updated cooking method, it's just as comforting and delicious as the traditional Sunday supper. How to cook a pot roast in a pressure cooker. Season and sear roast in the pressure cooker. Once browned, remove to a plate. Create broth for cooking, and add roast, potatoes, and carrots into the.