8 July, 2020
How to Cook Yummy Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin
Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin. Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin Simple summer side dish. Technique is the key to perfect treatment of straight-forward ingredients. Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin Simple summer side dish.
Fresh zucchini slices are battered in crispy panko and pan-fried until golden brown and crunchy. Heat olive oil in a saute pan to medium high heat. Turn zucchini and onion over with a spatula to cook other side. You can cook Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin
- Prepare 2 of zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise, then crosswise diagonally.
- You need 1/2 of of a sweet onion, sliced in half crosswise, then length wise.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4-1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of parmesan cheese, grated.
Onion and zucchini should start to become carmelized. Here is you just how to prepare the most effective foods for your household. Place cornmeal in a medium bowl, and toss in zucchini slices, mixing thoroughly to coat. If you're drowning in zucchini, an easy zucchini gratin recipe is the perfect way to use up a good amount.
Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin instructions
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan to medium high heat. Add zucchini and onion. Cook covered for 10 minutes..
- Turn zucchini and onion over with a spatula to cook other side. Onion and zucchini should start to become carmelized. Continue to cook covered on medium high heat for 10 minutes..
- Turn vegetables over. Add salt. Take care not to burn. Reduce heat as needed. If burning does occur, add small amount of water to deglaze pan and continue. Flavor is enhanced by this process nonetheless..
- Cook covered for another 5 minutes. Turn vegetables over and top with parmesan cheese. Cover. Cook on low for 5 minutes then turn off heat and let sit on stove until cheese melts or when ready to serve..
- Serve with grilled chick'n or pasta..
Working in batches so as not to crowd the pan, carefully lower zucchini into hot oil. Remove and drain on prepared baking sheet. The liquid from the zucchini absolutely needs to be squeezed out to make this work–otherwise it will be much too runny. On a cookie sheet or ovenproof platter, overlap the tomato and zucchini in a decorative pattern, like red. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add zucchini, yellow squash and shallots.