22 August, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Cheesy Au Gratin Hash Browns
Cheesy Au Gratin Hash Browns. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently to combine. Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top.
Make this potato recipe part of your weekend dinner for a quick and easy side dish. These cheesy potatoes Au Gratin are a slightly different version of a favorite classic. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. You can have Cheesy Au Gratin Hash Browns using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Au Gratin Hash Browns
- It’s 1 lb of package of frozen shredded hash browns, thawed.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of fiesta blend shredded cheese.
- You need 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter melted.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of Ritz crackers coarsely crushed (topping).
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter melted (topping).
In another bowl, combine the sour cream and soup. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently to combine. Toss cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the top. Heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat.
Cheesy Au Gratin Hash Browns step by step
- Microwave thawed hash browns in some olive oil for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Grease bottom of 2 quart glass pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all non-topping ingredients in large bowl and add to greased pan.
- Mix topping ingredients and spread evenly over the hash brown mixture.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until crackers turn golden brown.
- Note on increasing the recipe: I used an additional half bag of hash browns and added more cheese and sour cream. Cooked at 375 for 1 hour and 400 for 5 minutes to brown a little more. The increased recipe served 12 people..
Place hash browns in a large mixing bowl then pour in milk mixture and toss to evenly coat. Place cornflakes in a gallon size resealable bag, seal bag and crush with a rolling pin to roughly pebble size bits. In a saucepan heat half-and-half, margarine and cheese. Make a cheesy, creamy potato casserole for your next family gathering or holiday meal. Make it easy with frozen hash browns, cream of mushroom soup and cornflakes cereal.